Couldn't be more pleased with the work. Josef took our existing brand, and took it to the next level.
Understands the look and vision that we are going for, communicates clearly and quickly, A+++ designer
Amazing designer. Great ideas. Very quick responses and super creative. It was a pleasure!
Matilda is very creative, fast and efficient and is a delight to work with. Her work stood out right from the start in my contest and it was a "no-brainer" to award her work as the winner. I know she will be very successful and wish her the best of luck. Thank you Matilda!!
- Emma Thompson
With a short deadline, Emma was quick and responsive while still providing wonderful, high quality work! Thank you!
How sterne started their character or mascot journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We are a small startup building an app that allows friends on Facebook to record real world competitions. We then rank them based on the outcome of each game.
There are many things that fall under this. For example:
- a Friday night 8 ball league between young guys at a bar
- the weekly Tuesday night bridge games between chattering old ladies
- a family table tennis league
While we want to cast as broad a net as possible for our audience, we are predominantly looking to capture the 18-35 demographic. We also see our product as gender neutral.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We're looking for a mascot that captures the competitive spirit but keeps things friendly and approachable.
We are very early in the design phase, so pretty much everything is open for discussion. We're a bunch of technical guys with very little creative instincts when it comes to branding and aesthetics.
Some ideas (feel free to ignore):
- We are based in Cape Town, so maybe two African animals (lions? sharks? penguins? giraffes? zebras?)
- I'd also like to see concepts involving 2 normal people in a friendly competition
- We still don't have any sort of brand / logo so any suggestions on how to integrate the mascot with the rest of the brand would be appreciated (e.g. logo, icon). Just sketch it out - we're not trying to cheat you out of further work!
- Overly complicated mascots probably won't render well on small screens. Keep it simple stupid!
- Flat design is cool