Sol always works to complete a project promptly and exceeds expectations. Thank you, SketcherLady.
- Norah Colvin
I am very happy with the quality of the work and the quick response time in completing them. A great effort. Thank you. I am happy to recommend Goetia. It is a pleasure to work with him.
- Norah Colvin
Kari is very talented artist and designer and really works around teh schedule
How Norah Colvin started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We create early childhood learning resources and resources for parents and teachers.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Art brief for Bullfrog’s Billabong
I would like a series of coloured images to illustrate a picture book story called "Bullfrog's Billabong." (a billabong is a bit like a pond or dam)
The billabong will be the main part of most illustrations throughout the story.
As there is quite a bit of text on each page, the illustration should be wider rather than higher e.g. to fit the bottom half of an A4 landscape page.
1. The billabong should have a bank, reeds, and lily-pads, perhaps a tree or two.
2. A bullfrog, who will sit on a lily-pad at the side of the billabong most of the time, but needs to be separate from the billabong so I can remove him for the final two pages.
A variety of animals come to the billabong. I need images for each animal type to place on the billabong image:
3. A pelican
4. A turtle
5. A crayfish
6. A platypus
7. I need a “fight” scene involving all the animals: the platypus kicking, the crayfish snapping claws, the turtle splashing, the pelican flapping, and the bullfrog croaking (it is necessary to do only one of each animals as I can copy and paste)
8. A crocodile with a hungry look in his eye to go on the bank of the billabong
9. The same crocodile with jaws open to snap up the animals
10. The same crocodile alone, and mostly submerged in the billabong, looking very contented
Although there are different numbers of animals, one of each is sufficient, I can cut and paste them onto the billabong.
The story will have an additional interactive use and possibly additional follow-up activities.
I have attached a mock-up of the story I made using clipart which may give you an idea of what I am thinking.