How LaurelH started their illustration or graphics journey
Who are you known as?
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We’re a startup platform that is dedicated to bridging the gap between a student’s college and career. Through developing hubs around the world we connect students with opportunities (internships), people (peers and industry leaders), and companies to develop their skills and knowledge.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We’re looking for 4 graphic vector illustrations for our homepage to demonstrate our identity.
1. The first illustration will be featured at the top of the page. Some core elements that we’d like to show in the top illustration include:
- Geographic and hub-centric
- We’re all about connecting and networking
- Focused on helping you (the student and the company)
- Sharing in multiple ways
- to fit in a 400x400px space, supplied as vector
We also need 3 small simple illustrations to demonstrate our core 3 principles. These principles and potential concepts are:
2. Connect – Opportunities, people, companies, knowledge
- Style Reference: Kippt icons at https://kippt.com/
- to fit in a 300x300px space, supplied as vectors
The style of the illustrations should be:
- minimal design
- complimenting brand colors (orange, gray, white) and adding depth to the page
- cool and relatable
- white background
Website colors as reference are:
- Logo orange: CMYK: 0%, 79%, 94%, 0%
- Logo grey: CMYK: 59%, 55%, 66%, 38%
- Website grey (text): #333333
- Website orange: #ff5c0d