Based on what we've seen so far, we'd prefer to have a logo in which the words are separate from the icon itself so that they can appear together or apart. This will be helpful for the website and the app design to have flexibility in this regard.
After seeing designs come in, we aren't liking the cursive text treatments.
We've also seen many many many penguins, so at this point it will be hard to submit a unique penguin I think, so different ideas are welcome. If you've looked at this brief before , you'll notice that I deleted my rendering of the penguin so that I don't bias you in that direction anymore.
Here are a few other ideas (besides penguins) we've thought about:
- A refrigerator motif. Things like the magnetic letters we've used in the included file, and papers stuck to the fridge with magnets, etc.
- a cold weather animal, or a thermometer or snowflakes because most of the milk will be kept in the freezer.
- "liquid gold" which is how some women refer to their breastmilk because breastmilk is precious and needs to be protected and stored well.
- a play on the words "milk stash" and a "milk moustache"
- a pirate's chest with the "gold" being bottles of milk.. baby is the pirate?..is that going too far? :)
You're welcome to run with any of these ideas. But designs do not need to use them. We're looking for new ideas too.
There are two things we've seen come up a few times that it'd be good to avoid:
- Representations of breasts. We're not bothered by them, but some potential customers may be and there are lots of other great ideas that don't involve them.
- Spilt milk, or milk spraying or dripping from a bottle. If you've pumped before, you'll understand how precious pumped milk is, hence the liquid gold thing. We want to convey that their precious milk can be trusted with us, not that it may end up on the floor or leaving one of our bottles in way they didn't intend.