kidsio is pronounced kids-EYE-O, not kids-eee-o and the domain is kidsio.com. It is a play on the geeky term IO, which means "input/output". We are concerned with parents thinking our name may be kids10, so please make sure your design somehow eliminates this possible confusion (choice of font/capitalization, separating/distinguishing "kids" from "io" in some way...).
Target customers: moms (and to a lesser degree dads) with children in the 8-16 age range.
Our mission is to turn smartphones into parenting opportunities -- to keep parents "in the loop" of their childrens lives and bring families closer together.
Other products in this space focus on "monitoring cell phones" and on "spying" on the target phone user. They go so far as to hide the fact the application is on the phone. We are focused on "parenting", not monitoring or spying -- and we do not hide the fact our application is installed on the phone. We expect parents to inform their children that this software is on the phone. Our service presents an opportunity for children to earn their parents trust as they mature.
Avoid any relationship to spying, monitoring, privacy invasion.
We'd like to see some variations in the logo...perhaps something indicative of expressing communication in some fashion graphically or via a tag line. Some prospective tag lines:
- Turning smartphones into conversations with your kids
- Putting parents back in the loop
The logo will likely also be used for our mobile applications.
1) We will update information/designs ratings/eliminations at least once per day. Ratings will be less frequent than eliminations.
2) We will eliminate designs we don't believe have a great shot at winning (so you don't waste time working on changes)
3) We will try to give high level feedback to all designers on aspects we like/didn't like from submissions but we're looking for some creativity so we are trying not to be overly specific.
If you think we should do anything differently, please feel free to let us know.
Thanks for all your hard work!