UPDATE: While we use chat as an interface and it is tied to a location, our focus is on providing better service and improving customer relationships. Would like to try and convey that in the logo so that is differentiated from a location-based chat app. So, while we're not opposed to incorporating map pins and chat bubbles, we'd like to see ideas that go beyond that, or use them to convey something more than "location chat".
The logo should convey a sense of:
- Connection and conversation between consumer and venue
- Personalized service
It should be:
- Simple, striking and memorable
- Clean and fresh
- Modern but with personality
- Clever rather than corporate
- Friendly but not cartoonish
- Subtle wittiness is appreciated
- Work with and without the word “Spot"
- Work well when used in a square-shaped app icon
It should work in a wide range of situations and sizes, such as on an app icon, business cards, posters, outdoor banners, etc. It should also work in both color and black & white.
Attached are some logos we think do a good job being simple, recognizable, and representative of the company and product:
- Flipboard: simple, bold, and mimics the flip behavior of the app
- Soundcloud: sound wave combined with cloud
- Beats Music: play button inside B-shaped music note
- Jelly: J-shape used in jellyfish brain to represent networked intelligence
- Slack: simple, highly recognizable, abstracted hashtag channel
We are a chat-based app, but we’re a little concerned about having yet another “chat bubble” logo. However we are open to designs that find a fresh way to incorporate it.
We will provide feedback on submissions that we think are headed in the right direction. For submissions that do not receive feedback, it is probably better to explore another direction rather than continuing in the same one.