Awesome designer that goes the extra mile. great to work with
- Semas Studio™
Great design as usual. Thanks.
He is an absolutely outstanding talent. Was a great pleasure to work with him.
How Jan Brinkmann started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
The app consists of two parts which are represented by individual 5 screens:
I) Blog articles
- a list of articles
- a detail view for blog posts
- a hamburger menu
II) Videotraining list
- a list of videotrainings
- a list of lessons for the select training
The app allows users to browse and read the latest blog posts in part I. The third screen is the hamburger menu, which will ultimately be part of the whole app.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
The app should follow a clean style. Not really sure about colors. Interesting combination:
- white background, dark/black navigation bar
- white background, orange navigation bar?
Not sure about the font, but Open Sans for example looks clean. Open to suggestions, though. Take a look at the blinkist app (referenced in the inspirations below)
These are the screens you can see in the mockup (download the PDF file below):
- People start with the blog list template (#1)
- The browser through the latest posts and can select an entry
- That opens a blog detail view (#2)
- The menu on the left can be used to navigate to other screens, like the courses / videotrainings (#3)
- The videotrainings are a list of trainings (#4)
- Each training can be selected, which opens a list with lessons (#5)
What to avoid
Don't get to caught up in the mockup. It's not meant as an 1:1 template, but as a prototype. It should give you an idea of the general structure. If you can imagine a creative solution that looks clean and beautiful, I'm open for suggestions.