We are looking for an InDesign file, size 210mm x 275mm (plus 5mm bleed) using the templates provided in the additional files below. Keep in mind that some core components of the cover design always remain on page and cannot be modified or moved, such as the masthead, issue number/date, several cover tags (headlines), etc. You will find these in the template provided below labeled 'September 2011_Black' and 'White' and you can use either based on the colours of your design.
Must be kept on the front page: (as per supplied in template)
1. Sub titles list
Must stay on the right hand side.
Space required is 61mm x 209mm, placed from very top of page and sits 65mm from bottom
2. Dynamic Business Masthead
3. Magazine Edition information
Barcode will be supplied in the template and can not be moved
1. There are 2 PDF templates with the cover lines and barcode.
2. The background in the templates is transparent and can be dropped into InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop to be used over your cover design.
3. One file has the main cover line blurb text in white, and the other has it in black. Please use the one which is more legible over your design.
4. The colour grey has been used in the template temporarily. A colour will be chosen near the final stages of design.
NOTE: Once the cover design has been completed, it will need to be supplied without cover lines and barcode included.
If cover art is designed in Illustrator version CS5 or below:
2. Save file as an EPS (up to CS5)
3. All fonts MUST be outlined
If cover art is designed in Photoshop version CS5 or below:
2. Save as a Flattened, High Resolution TIFF (300dpi)
Once in InDesign:
Please supply the packaged InDesign file (up to version CS5)
with all fonts outlined and links in CMYK
210mm x 275mm
Plus 5mm bleed