I already have a logo and a website header that I mostly like (see the attached pictures), but there are a few things that I'd like to be fixed/improved.
The current logo consists of three zebrafish (an organism often used in experimental biology) wearing headphones. These fish are currently used in a few places:
1. On the website header (see https://bioinformatics.chat/)
2. In the favicon on that website
3. In the podcast logo displayed on Apple podcast (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca…1227281398) and other podcast apps. Because the same logo is displayed in many different contexts (websites and apps), it has to look well in different resolutions — from its original size (between 1400x1400 and 3000x3000 according to the Apple guidelines) down to about 100x100. Unfortunately, it really has to be the same image (not two or more versions of the image in different resolutions), because I don't control how and where it's displayed.
The issues with the current design are:
1. The background color is inconsistent between the header and the Apple podcast logo. The *header background* is dark blue because I think it better fits with the light blue headings of the website itself. (But the website was designed by me, and I am not a designer.) The *logo background* is light blue because on small resolutions the dark blue background and the blue stripes of zebrafish blend together.
To resolve this, one or both backgrounds will need to change. (It makes sense to keep it some shade of blue so that the fish are in the water.) If the header background is changed, please also suggest the new RGB colors for the website headings and/or hyperlinks so that they fit in the new color theme.
2. The fish's tail on the podcast logo is cut off. If it's not, then the center of gravity is too far to the left, and the picture looks weird to me. I don't really know how to resolve this — I welcome any kind of proposals.
3. While I don't dislike anything in particular about the current drawings of the fish or the header or logo composition, I'd like to take this opportunity to improve both — again, I'll consider any proposals. I'd like to keep the current concept though (the headphones on the fish and their facial expressions).
The deliverables I'm looking for are:
1. The re-drawings of the three fish either in high resolution or in a vector format (please specify which one it's going to be; I'd prefer vector but high res is acceptable too). (The current drawings are available as layers in the attached psd file.)
2. An updated podcast logo (between 1400x1400 and 3000x3000) that is also recognizable when scaled down to 100x100. (Current version: https://bioinformatics.chat/img/artwork.jpg.)
3. The new website header in two versions: 2000px wide and 550px wide (current versions: https://bioinformatics.chat/img/header.jpg and https://bioinformatics.chat/img/hea…small.jpg).
4. A 32x32 favicon.png (current version: https://bioinformatics.chat/img/favicon.png). Ideally, it would be a low-res version of the logo, not the cut-off head as it is right now, but alternative suggestions for the favicon are also welcome.
5. The HTML color codes for the website headings and hyperlinks to fit with the new header background.