I’ve been meaning to get another comp going for ages but just don’t get round to it.
SO here goes – if you’ve worked with me before you’ll know I always provide feedback on every design submitted – I very much want to work with people and provide as much detail as possible.
Best Design $150 US ( I had booked silver package which I thought was $245 to designer but I'm now told after 99 designs cut it's just $150 - I'm sorry for any confusion, last time I did a comp - 3 years ago - you paid for comp on top of prize money, gutted to find out this isn't
the case now !!!)
UPDATE on PRIZE MONEY - We'll be paying an additional $100 US to winning design making Prize money $250 US - This is to make up for 99 design cut coming out - POW !!!!
We’re also looking to buy “runner up” designs for $50 US each. Last time we bought around 13 designs and some designers (including winner had multiple designs purchased).
BRIEF : first some bullet points – call them rules if you want
1) Positive Contemporary faith inspired ORIGINAL Designs
2) Absolutely No rip offs – this includes company logos, slogans etc
3) Christian influenced – either direct or inspired
4) Nothing too religious
5) Use your head but be lead by the spirit
6) Consider “printability”
I’ll now break each of those down a bit
1) Positive….Something encouraging, we very much wanting to provide designs that will lift peoples spirits – we had some great HOPE and LOVE designs last time which sold great ..they are still “Christian” just not chapter and verse. On that note we had some great chapter and verse designs which again sold well.
2) No Rips offs – I’ll call you out if I see it and just won’t entertain design at all – We HATE it when clothing is sold with a trademarked logo that has a Christian twist put on it and sold on….don’t get me started on that !!!!
3) Christian Influenced – Our main Market is the UK and Europe – you get a mix of customers here, some will but really bold stuff, others only want something very subtle. Have a look at our current range. In short the stuff that consistently sells well is either directly scriptural or very clever – thought provoking, conversation starters
4) I don’t think you’re going to win anyone to Jesus with a T shirt in 3 minutes flat, hence I personally tend to lean more towards conversation starters or just great faith inspired designs. “Turn or Burn” designs more then likely won’t be purchased (and surely won’t win)
5) Some of our most popular designs have a good deal of insight – indeed a lot of the designs that have sold well have been designed by Christians. The UK market tends to like some degree of sophistication to their designs. If you think you’ve got something but don’t think it’s “Christian “enough – hey go for it – it may be just fab?. If you’re a Christian, pray and ask God for designs – ask HIM to supply them and be open to work with the Spirit!!!
6) Printability – Please try and keep the number of colours down and use of rendered colours – we’re more then likely be screen printing these so the cost factor will definitely be considered with designs
I look forward to working with you. I like to get pretty involved and have quiet a number of concepts myself I’ll be sharing which I’d like to see developed. This worked well last time and the designs which resulted went on to sell really well.
I’ll try and post a lot during comp, will stop for now and just get it started.